Affordable, Quality Dental Bridges for Birmingham, AL Region
At our Birmingham office we help patients recover their smile and confidence through dental bridge and other cosmetic procedures, in a friendly comfortable environment.
A missing tooth can be a real inconvenience whether it be in the back or the front of your mouth. When you have a missing tooth that has not been replaced, the surrounding teeth shift. It can create an imbalance in your bite, jaw problems and even periodontal disease. And when it is in the front, it is a big cosmetic issue. So what can you do about your missing tooth? A fixed dental bridge is one of the great options. Dental bridges are fixed prosthetic devices, like dental crowns, to replace one or more missing teeth. They are cemented with special dental cement and hence a dental bridge cannot be taken out once cemented.
In Birmingham or elsewhere you have several options while selecting a dentist or deciding appropriate dental procedure to address your dental concerns. Whether cosmetic or restorative dentistry, our goal is – to provide exceptional dental service, in a friendly, comfortable atmosphere combined with patient education and genuine care. Our dental office team and our dentist believe strongly in the educating patients on available options, and let you pick the best option.
When asked on why they chose us, our patients cited the following as some of the benefits and important factors in making us their dental home:
- You get genuine care from Dr. Gutti – she understands every patient is unique and spends time to answer all your questions, and concerns. Dr. Gutti believes educating patient is most important service; with each concern she presents you with available options. Additionally, after a dental procedure, Dr. Gutti calls to check on you in the evening to address any questions/concerns you may have. Our dentist is available 24/7 including holidays, weekends. In the days, where a typical doctor spends as little time as possible in exam room and barely answers questions, our dentist’s approach to patient care is quite extraordinary.
- Peace of mind that you selected one of the best dentists in the Birmingham region that provides competitive, quality dentistry.
- Our dentist’s gentle approach to dental procedures with minimal discomfort to the patient
- Dr. Gutti always recommends most economical and affordable option
- Our dental office is 100% digital and utilized state of the art technology minimizing radiation
- Our friendly, cheerful staff that understand the importance of customer service, and will make you feel home the minute you walk in.
- Staying true to our name, providing a comfortable, stress free atmosphere, your comfort is our priority
- Comfort Plus is a family oriented, privately owned dental office, not a corporate or chain dental office
For complete list of patient benefits visit our Why Choose Us page.
When you need to consider a dental bridge?
Missing one or more teeth can cause a variety of problems. This does exclude the missing wisdom teeth. Some of the most common issues caused by missing teeth are:
- Unappealing appearance
- Shifting and rotation of the adjacent and the opposing teeth
- Malocclusion or change in your bite
- Periodontal problems
- TMJ issues (problems in your jaw joints), etc.
What is our process, how do we do place dental bridge?
By replacing the missing teeth with dental bridges, you are able to prevent further damage to existing teeth and maintain good oral health and improve esthetics. At our Birmingham office of Comfort Plus Family Dental, we will first start the exam by taking digital X-rays and assess the teeth. Our dental office is equipped the most up to date, digital technology to quickly and efficiently diagnose the problem. There may be instances where you may think you need a bridge, but Dr. Gutti may advise you otherwise to preserve as much healthy tooth structure as possible.
What makes up the dental bridge, what are my options?
Dental Bridges can be made of several different materials. The factors that affect the kind of material used are position of the bridge ( front or back of the mouth), bite of the patient, patient preference are just to name a few.
- Gold only : Most strong – A dental bridge made of gold is very strong however due to the rising gold prices, could be one of the most expensive options available too.
- Porcelain or zirconia only : Most esthetic – A dental bridge made with zirconia or any other porcelain material would be considered a highly esthetic option because it literally blends in with the rest of the your teeth.
- Porcelain with metal : Most economical
Dr. Gutti will explain these options in more detail after the assessment is done and present you with what she thinks would best suit you.
How many visits I need to think about while having a dental bridge put in?
A dental bridge usually requires two dental visits. During the first visit, the teeth on one or both sides of the missing tooth(teeth) are prepared by removing any old fillings and/or decay; making impressions, shaping, and placing a temporary. The bridge impressions are then sent to a dental lab to be custom-fabricated, which takes about 2 weeks. During the second appointment, the new bridge will be fit to your tooth and will be cemented. To minimize number of visits, Dr. Gutti works very closely with the lab technician to give you the best fit and the best shade at the first attempt. She also makes sure that the lab technician will be at the office frequently to make sure that our patients are happy with their new smile in as many fewer visits as possible. We are not happy until you are happy.
I have an existing bridge from a different dental office, that is broken, damaged, can you repair my bridge?
Dental bridges are made of very strong materials and we have seen them last for a very long time. However, for those unforeseen circumstances, if your bridge is damaged, we can replace or repair it for you at our Birmingham office. Depending on the extent of damage, we may be able to cement your old bridge else we can replace it for you.
What is the price, how much dental bridges cost?
This is one of the questions we get asked most. Good news is our office and dentist are on your side, we will provide with most affordable, economical option. Dr. Gutti will be first to point out and let you know that you may not need a dental bridge wherever applicable. Your best interest is our priority, as our business is built on mutual trust. Your cost of dental bridge can vary largely depending on several factors like:
- Material used to make the bridge
- Coverage of your dental insurance
- Health of the adjacent teeth, etc.
For your benefit, our experienced financial coordinator works closely with you to create a plan for you. If you have dental insurance, she also works with your insurance company to make sure that you get the maximum benefits towards your treatment. She will gather all details and review all aspects of your insurance and do a complimentary benefit analysis for you so that your out of pocket expense for your dental bridge is minimum. Furthermore, we have several financial options to assist you as well. Be sure to check our specials page as well.
What are the cons of going with dental bridge, will I feel any pain, discomfort?
This is one of our frequent questions we get as well. We will be first to admit that getting a bridge put in is not something pleasant you look forward to, however, this is one of the excellent options for restoring your smile and long term oral health. Staying true to our name, our motto – your comfort is our priority, we will do everything possible to make your visit as comfortable as possible. We have laughing gas, noise cancelling head phones, warm blankets and other amenities to make your visit comfortable.
What is the recovery process of having dental bridge?
After the dental bridge is cemented with the dental cement, Dr. Gutti will take time to teach you how to brush and floss around the bridge and keep it plaque free. She believes that this is a very important step because if food gets trapped underneath the bridge, it may cause decay underneath your bridge. Hence it is very important to keep up with your dental cleanings to and discuss any concerns you might have to prevent future problems and extend the life your beautiful smile. You should be able resume your normal routine immediately within an hour or two of placing the bridge.
Should you have any questions call us today, thank you for considering us for your and your family’s dental needs, we look forward to serving you.
Accepting New Patients
We are now accepting new patients (we take Bluecross (BCBS), Untited, Medicaid and 20+ other insurances, see below) and serving Center Point, Birmingham, Roebuck, Trussville, Pinson, Clay, Tarrant City, Leeds, Moody, Gardendale, Fultondale, Springville, Midfield, Pell City, Argo, Warrior, Huffman, other surrounding areas in Alabama.